Do you want to level up your cloud penetration testing skills? The attack surface of many organizations has changed to include third-party hosted services such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform. In this training course, hacking concepts will be introduced for each of those services.
This training walks through a complete penetration testing methodology of cloud-based infrastructure. Starting with no information other than the company name you will learn to discover what cloud-specific assets your target is using. Following the enumeration of cloud services, you will learn how to discover misconfigurations that commonly expose sensitive data as well as a thorough understanding of how to get an initial foothold into a cloud-based organization.
Instructor: Beau Bullock
Course Length: 16 Hours
Tuition: $575 USD
This page is for the On-Demand version of this course. Please check our Live Events Calendar for any live presentations of this class currently scheduled.
Post-compromise techniques of cloud infrastructure differ from the techniques used in typical on-premise environments. You will learn situational awareness techniques that ultimately will impact how you will escalate privileges in the cloud. With most cloud-based authentication being publicly exposed this presents new and interesting persistence techniques that are non-existent to on-premise environments. With productivity tools like G-Suite and Microsoft 365 many organizations are making their email and other data that is normally protected by a firewall available to remote employees. You will learn how to discover, pillage, and exfiltrate data from these services.
Many organizations are fully leveraging cloud services for their production infrastructure. This can include web servers, SQL databases, storage, virtual machines, and more. In this training, you will learn how to assess and compromise these resources. Some cloud deployments are directly connected to on-premise environments via VPN. This presents an opportunity to pivot access from cloud to on-prem or vice-versa.
Finally, in this training, we will not only be attacking cloud infrastructure but also leveraging it for red team operations. You will learn techniques that leverage cloud services for techniques such as phishing, domain fronting, and command & control.
Tools and techniques used on real-world penetration tests against cloud assets will be shared including hands-on demonstrations. At the end of this training, you will have new skills for assessing cloud-based infrastructure!
- A thorough understanding of the attack surface cloud-based organizations face
- A full methodology for compromising cloud environments
- Instruction on how to utilize open-source tools during cloud assessments
Who Should Take This Course
- Penetration testers
- Red teamers
- Cloud security architects
- Ethical hackers
- General security practitioners
Audience Skill Level
Everyone. This course somewhat doubles as a general pentesting “crash course” as there are many commonalities between cloud-based pentesting and traditional on-prem pentesting.
- A credit card (You will be signing up for cloud service accounts such as Microsoft Azure and AWS. These services require a credit card for signing up.)
- Check that both Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure services are available in your country. (Note that if you cannot sign up for these services you will not be able to participate in the labs)
- Internet access
- Stable Internet access
- x86 architecture CPU clocked at 2 GHz or higher that is capable of nested virtualization
(Apple Silicon is currently not supported)
- A computer with at least 8 GB of RAM. 16 GB is recommended
- VMWare Workstation or VMWare Fusion
(VirtualBox and other VM software is not supported)
- Windows 10/11, MacOSX+, or a currently supported Linux Distribution
- Full Administrator/root access to your computer or laptop
System should also have at least 40GB of available disk space to accommodate two VMs.
About Our On-Demand Courses…
Learn at your own pace with access to course content, lectures, and demos in the Antisyphon On-demand learning platform. Many courses are offered with lifetime access to the course and content updates. On-demand courses include content update alerts, access to dedicated support channels in the Antisyphon Discord server, a certificate of completion, and complimentary access to the Antisyphon Cyber Range*.
* Cyber Range access and other course features may vary from course to course. See the specific details for each course on its registration page.
Trainer & Author
Beau Bullock is a Senior Security Analyst and Penetration Tester and has been with Black Hills Information Security since 2014. Beau has a multitude of security certifications (OSCP, OSWP, GXPN, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, GCIA, GCFA, GSEC) and maintains his extensive skills by routinely taking training, learning as much as he can from his peers, and researching topics that he lacks knowledge in. He is a constant contributor to the infosec community by authoring open-source tools, writing blogs, and frequently speaking at conferences and on webcasts.