This 16-hour information security training course will cover the core security skills all Security Operation Center (SOC) analysts need to have. These are the skills that all Black Hills Information Security (BHIS) SOC team members need to have.
Instructor: John Strand
Course Length: 16 Hours
Tuition: 1-Year Access $225 USD
Lifetime Access $575 USD
This page is for the On-Demand version of this course. Please check our Live Events Calendar for any live presentations of this class currently scheduled.
- Core networking skills
- Live Windows Forensics
- Live Linux Forensics
- Memory Forensics
- Active Directory Analysis
- Network Threat Hunting
- Basics of Vulnerability Management
- The Incident Response Process
Who Should Take This Course
Audience Skill Level
- Stable Internet access
- x86 architecture CPU clocked at 2 GHz or higher that is capable of nested virtualization
(Apple Silicon is currently not supported)
- A computer with at least 8 GB of RAM. 16 GB is recommended
- VMWare Workstation or VMWare Fusion
(VirtualBox and other VM software is not supported)
- Windows 10/11, MacOSX+, or a currently supported Linux Distribution
- Full Administrator/root access to your computer or laptop
What Each Student Should Bring
A laptop and a smile!
About Our On-Demand Courses…
Learn at your own pace with access to course content, lectures, and demos in the Antisyphon On-demand learning platform. Many courses are offered with lifetime access to the course and content updates. On-demand courses include content update alerts, access to dedicated support channels in the Antisyphon Discord server, a certificate of completion, and complimentary access to the Antisyphon Cyber Range*.
* Cyber Range access and other course features may vary from course to course. See the specific details for each course on its registration page.
Trainer & Author
John Strand has consulted and taught thousands of classes and hundreds of organizations in the areas of security, regulatory compliance, and penetration testing. He is a coveted speaker and much-loved former SANS instructor and course author. John is a contributor to the industry shaping Penetration Testing Execution Standard and 20 Critical Security Controls frameworks.
In 2008, John founded Black Hills Information Security (BHIS), a pentesting company that strives to understand its clients from a holistic perspective, emphasizing collaboration and education over stunt hacking. Since then, BHIS has grown to become a “tribe of companies” that includes Antisyphon Infosec Training, Active Countermeasures (ACM), Wild West Hackin’ Fest (WWHF), and more!