PowerShell is an excellent cross-platform shell for executing commands and scripts on both local and remote machines. It is installed on Windows by default and is widely used by both network defenders and attackers. This course will cover key PowerShell concepts that both blue and red teamers should understand including logging, credential management, remote administration, security bypass techniques and popular PowerShell attack tools.
Instructor: Carrie Roberts
Course Length: 16 Hours
Tuition: $575 USD
This page is for the On-Demand version of this course. Please check our Live Events Calendar for any live presentations of this class currently scheduled.
- PowerShell Usage Fundamentals
- Environment Variables
- PowerShell Gallery
- History Files
- Encoded commands
- Help System
- Objects and Piping
- Modules and Module Load Hijacking
- Logging: Script Block, Module and Transcription
- PS Remoting
- Secure Administration Options:
- Just Enough Admin (JEA)
- Desired State Configuration (DSC)
- Constrained Language Mode
- Antimalware Scan Interface (AMSI) Bypass
- Execution Policy Bypass
- Credential Management
- PowerShell without PowerShell
- Download Cradles
- PowerShell Core
- Popular PS Attack Tools
- General understanding of PowerShell
- In-Depth knowledge of PowerShell execution logging options
- Understanding of PowerShell security features from both an offensive and defensive perspective
Who Should Take This Course
Anyone interested in learning more about PowerShell and it’s use as both an offensive and defensive tool.
Audience Skill Level
A laptop and a smile!
What Each Student Should Bring
- A computer with VMware Player/Workstation/Fusion installed
- Note: Administrative Access required for install
- You can use other virtualization platforms if you prefer but specific instructions won’t be provided.
- At least 8GB RAM and 50 GB free disk space
- Lab VMs Installed as described here
- Solid internet access
About Our On-Demand Courses…
Learn at your own pace with access to course content, lectures, and demos in the Antisyphon On-demand learning platform. Many courses are offered with lifetime access to the course and content updates. On-demand courses include content update alerts, access to dedicated support channels in the Antisyphon Discord server, a certificate of completion, and complimentary access to the Antisyphon Cyber Range*.
* Cyber Range access and other course features may vary from course to course. See the specific details for each course on its registration page.
Trainer & Author
Carrie Roberts is a programmer, turned pentester, turned red teamer, turned blueish purple. She is currently a Defense Engineer at Walmart. She loves to learn and give back to the community. She is one of the primary Atomic Red Team project maintainers and developers and has developed many of her own open-source tools. She holds master’s Degrees in both Computer Science and Information Security Engineering. She has earned 12 GIAC certifications including the prestigious “Security Expert” (GSE) certification. She has spoken at numerous security conferences including DerbyCon and Wild West Hackin’ Fest, published many blog posts on topics ranging from social engineering to bypassing anti-virus, and contributed new research on the VBA Stomping maldoc technique.