Welcome to this beginner course on the OWASP Top 10, as it was last updated in 2021 almost beginning of 2022. Whether you are a risk manager, an auditor, a cybersecurity professional, or maybe you are a software developer or simply curious on application security and looking for an introduction to the OWASP Top 10: This course is for you!
For each of the OWASP Top 10 risks, we are going to look at the key information security concepts, so that you better understand the definition of each risk. Then we are going to – together – define each risk – and we are going to do this in layman’s terms, so that you really understand each risk.
Instructor: Jim Manico
Course Length: 4 Hours
Tuition: $100 USD
This page is for the On-Demand version of this course. Please check our Live Events Calendar for any live presentations of this class currently scheduled.
What You’ll Learn
- Some of the best protection strategies that help avoid each OWASP Top 10 risk from materializing
- The main challenges that cause each OWASP Top 10 risk
- Examples of good and bad code for each OWASP Top 10 risk using pseudocode
- Definition of each of the OWASP Top 10 risks
- What are the key information security concepts required to understand each OWASP Top 10 risk
- What are the OWASP Top 10 risks and how this list gets periodically updated
- What is the OWASP Foundation and how you can be part of this open-source community
Who Should Take This Course
- This course has no technical prerequisites, it is truly meant for everyone
- Beginner web application and API developers
- Risk managers and auditor looking to understand the OWASP Top 10 risks
- Cybersecurity professionals looking for an introduction to the OWASP Top 10
- No programming experience needed you will learn everything you need to know
- Curiosity on web application security risks
About Our On-Demand Courses…
Learn at your own pace with access to course content, lectures, and demos in the Antisyphon On-demand learning platform. Many courses are offered with lifetime access to the course and content updates. On-demand courses include content update alerts, access to dedicated support channels in the Antisyphon Discord server, a certificate of completion, and complimentary access to the Antisyphon Cyber Range*.
* Cyber Range access and other course features may vary from course to course. See the specific details for each course on its registration page.
Trainer & Author
He is the founder of Manicode Security where he trains software developers on secure coding and security engineering. He is also an investor/advisor for 10Security, Aiya, MergeBase, Nucleus Security, KSOC, and Inspectiv. Jim is a frequent speaker on secure software practices, is a member of the Java Champion community, and is the author of “Iron-Clad Java: Building Secure Web Applications” from Oracle Press. Jim also volunteers for the OWASP foundation as the project lead for the OWASP Application Security Verification Standard and the OWASP Cheatsheet Series.