We’ve all gotten used to graphical desktops – the interface is a comfortable one that allows us to do our daily jobs fluidly. The only time these truly fall short is when something needs to be automated – like installing new code on 75 remote machines.
This course looks at the process of automating server administration. With nothing more than the bash command line interpreter, ssh’s ability to connect to a remote server, and some intelligent glue, we can perform management tasks on remote servers with ease.
Instructor: Bill Stearns
Course Length: 16 Hours
Lifetime Access $575 USD
This page is for the On-Demand version of this course. Please check our Live Events Calendar for any live presentations of this class currently scheduled.
- Remote administration doesn’t have to be complex.
- The same commands that would allow you to manage a single machine can be adapted to manage large numbers of systems simultaneously.
Who Should Take This Course
People who have a little familiarity with the Linux bash command line and are responsible for one or more remote systems.
Audience Skill Level
- Stable Internet access
- x86 architecture CPU clocked at 2 GHz or higher that is capable of nested virtualization
(Apple Silicon is currently not supported)
- A computer with at least 8 GB of RAM. 16 GB is recommended
- VMWare Workstation or VMWare Fusion
(VirtualBox and other VM software is not supported)
- Windows 10/11, MacOSX+, or a currently supported Linux Distribution
- Full Administrator/root access to your computer or laptop
What Each Student Should Bring
A laptop and a smile!
About Our On-Demand Courses…
Learn at your own pace with access to course content, lectures, and demos in the Antisyphon On-demand learning platform. Many courses are offered with lifetime access to the course and content updates. On-demand courses include content update alerts, access to dedicated support channels in the Antisyphon Discord server, a certificate of completion, and complimentary access to the Antisyphon Cyber Range*.
* Cyber Range access and other course features may vary from course to course. See the specific details for each course on its registration page.
Trainer & Author
Bill provides Customer Support, Development, and Training for Active Countermeasures. He has authored numerous articles and tools for client use. Bill was the chief architect of one commercial and two open-source firewalls and is an active contributor to multiple projects in the Linux development effort. His spare time is spent coordinating and feeding a major anti-spam blacklist. Bill’s articles and tools can be found in online journals at http://github.com/activecm/ and http://www.stearns.org.