Are you looking to make a transition into pentesting but are overwhelmed or just don’t know how to get started? With numerous different types of engagements, operational phases, and a constant flood of new vulnerabilities hitting the industry, the journey into penetration testing can quickly become confusing.
In this training course, we will examine the different types of penetration testing engagements and take a deep dive into establishing a repeatable testing methodology for executing quality tests. We will look at some tools of the trade to understand what they are doing under the hood, identify what separates a great finding from a good finding in reports, and really zero in on establishing your own methodology!
By the end of the training, you can expect to leave with a firm understanding of how pentests are executed and a newfound comfortability performing penetration tests. We will also provide numerous resources and tools that will help you pave your way into a pentesting career!
- Deep dive into different pentesting engagement types
- A solid methodology for executing pentests
- An introduction to numerous pentesting tools and resources
- Hands-on practice
- Guidance with transitioning into a pentesting career
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE
- People wanting to get started in pentesting
- Anyone with an inquisitive thought process
- Companies hiring pentest firms or executing in-house pentests
- People comfortable with information technology
- Software developers, System admins, Database admins, Network engineers
- Helpdesk and IT support
AUDIENCE SKILL LEVEL
This course was prepared with everyone in mind but students who have a basic understanding of information technology, applications, or computer networks will likely feel comfortable with the content.
- Stable internet access
- A computer with a minimum of 8GB of memory (16GB is recommended)
- An up-to-date Operating System
- VMWare Player
- Administrator access to your computer
WHAT STUDENTS WILL BE PROVIDED WITH
- Course slides
- Virtual machine with pre-installed tools
- Resources and tools with instructions
TRAINER & AUTHOR
John has both consulted and taught hundreds of organizations in the areas of security, regulatory compliance, and penetration testing. He is a coveted speaker and much loved SANS teacher. John is a contributor to the industry shaping Penetration Testing Execution Standard and 20 Critical Controls frameworks.