x86_32 Assembly and Shellcode-Lab for Linux
December 7 @ 9:00 am – 6:00 pm EST
Instructor: Marco Lux
Course Length: 16 Hours
Includes: Twelve months of complimentary access to the Antisyphon Cyber Range, certificate of participation, six months access to class recordings.
This class is part of the Antisyphon Snake Oil? Summit 2023. Registration for any Snake Oil? Summit class includes registration for the summit and all of its presentations, talks, and streams.
Clicking on the button above will take you
to our registration form on Cvent.
Explore the world of Shellcoding designed for x86 architecture! This detailed course will introduce you to the basic principles of crafting low-level codes. Learn about the assembly language, gain fundamental insights into the process of writing shellcode. We will focus mostly on shellcoding, but also touch aspects of exploitation to offer a well-rounded understanding.
- Understanding of x86 Assembly
- Basics of x86 CPU opcodes
- Usage of gdb, nasm, gcc and other related tools
- Foundations for shellcoding techniques
- Skillful shellcode crafting
- Analyses of third-party shellcodes
- Testing against basic vulnerabilities
Who Should Take This Course
- Pentesters and Red-Teamers who want to adjust existing shellcode
- Computer Enthusiasts who want to grasp the principle of assembly and shellcoding
- Everyone who is interested in low-level coding
Audience Skill Level
- The course is tailored for beginners.
- Basic knowledge of the Linux command line is necessary.
- Notebook with Virtual-Machine Software installed
- At least 4GB of RAM and 50GB HDD Space
What Students Will Be Provided With
- Shellcode-Lab VM
- Slide deck
Trainer & Author
With 20 years of experience in the field, Marco has developed a strong interest in computer security, hacking, and penetration testing.
Throughout his career, he has specialized in breaking network
infrastructures and web applications. He has also gained hardware knowledge and red teaming experience.
What sets Marco apart is his fascination with network protocol analysis and low-level computing. Throughout his journey, Marco authored tools related to security vulnerabilities, and uncovered several critical issues.
As a speaker and trainer at security events, he shared his knowledge and insights on a variety of security subjects.
Outside of cybersecurity, Marco takes pleasure in cycling and exploring the great outdoors.